Monday, May 21, 2007

My Angel...



I shared this video with a friend of mine recently. I never explained why. I mentioned to her the other day that I understood what she was going through with her breakup, this video is the soundtrack of my own.

I mentioned Brett in an earlier post. The whole story would take too long to tell, but he was my world. If you shaved him, he'd look very similar to the guy in this video. As messed up as he was, he made it a point to encourage me to live out as many of my dreams as he could. Going back to school, living my dream of being a working musician, my writing, my songs. He made it possible for me to reconnect on many levels with my family, to put my demons aside, to live again after so much destruction and death in my life.

His personal demons got the better of him, and destroyed us as a couple. I tried but I couldn't save him from himself. But he left me with this song. I was his Angel, but he never knew how much he was mine as well. Even now.

1 comment:

Cody said...

I really like that song...but I want you to work on actually getting a "cheerful" song posted here! Maybe some cheesy upliving pop! ;-)